- 50ml olive oil
- 50ml butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 250g granulated sugar
- 150ml tangerine juice (appx 5 tangerines)
- zest of 4-5 tangerines
- 50ml cognac or brandy
- 250g all purpose flour, sifted
- 50g corn flour, sifted
- 2 tsp/10gr baking powder
- 80g ground hazelnuts, toasted or untoasted
- 110g dark chocolate (or chocolate drops)
- powdered sugar for decoration (optional)
- tangerine slices for serving (optional)
In a bowl, beat the olive oil and the melted butter with the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the tangerine juice, the cognac and the tangerine zest. Gradually add the flour, the corn flour and the baking powder.
With a sharp knife, cut the chocolate into chunks. With a spatula, fold the hazelnuts and the chocolate chunks into the batter. Pour the batter into a cake mold.
Bake in a 180°C / 350°F oven, for 45 min. or until a skewer comes out clean. Let it cool completely. You can decorate your cake with powdered sugar and serve it with tangerine slices.